Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back in the Swing

I made it home from a fun but exhausting road trip last week and the first thing I did after stepping off the airplane? We went to Apple and bought MacBook Pros. We'd hoped to do this before I left so I wouldn't have had so many problems while I was gone (and neither would my biz partner, who was left to run the companies with failing computers), but patience became a virtue. They say that happens. So although we had our computers picked out weeks ago, by waiting, we were able to get a better deal.

This weekend, I migrated most of my files (still having issues with Outlook - if anyone knows anything, please help! I'd love you forever!) and starting yesterday, I've been doing revisions on the Mac. It was the first time I'd been excited to do revisions in a long time. LOL It wasn't really any different - Word is still basically the same (though not exactly) - but it felt different. And fun.

But the best part was being productive again. I finished an entire chapter in GENESIS yesterday morning. In just a few hours. So much better! I just might make this deadline after all. Whew.

It's nice to be back in the swing of things. With all the excitement of real life behind me, including the fourth season of True Blood (awesome finale by the way!), I feel like I can see some kind of normalcy on the horizon. I don't know. We'll see. I just got my Pottermore access email yesterday, so... 

How are you doing? With summer and back-to-school behind us, are you settling into a routine? Or are you still reeling from it all? How do you ground yourself when chaos hits?

4 comments:

  1. I'm still grounding from the chaos of summer. A new computer sounds like an excellent way to start! Congrats! I'll be hurling myself into more chaos soon, but it's good chaos and I'm excited, so no complaints here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what a new tool - in your case a new computer - can do to bolster us! I wouldn't mind a new computer but can't justify it since frankly as much as i hate to admit there really isn't anything wrong with mine! In the mean time I like buying new notebooks (even though I have a stack of unused ones that is about 60 deep) and indulging in a new scented candle... bliss4me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, patience is a virtue for sure! I'm liking the new computer idea too. It really helped me.

    So... we have honored you with the Versatile Blogger Award! Come say hello!

    http://critiquesisterscorner.blogspot.com/2011/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that you've written lately!!! I'm having the opposite problem. Totally frustrated that the words aren't being released! They're being held against me! It's madening! I'm hoping that I break free from the query trenches and the stress dies down so I can accomplish something!

    Fabulous blog! My first time here, but certainly not the last!

    ReplyDelete

My fave 3 Cs - coffee, chocolate and COMMENTS!