1: Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2: Share seven things about yourself.
3: Award ten recently discovered great bloggers.
4: Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
I never know what to say about myself (maybe I need a shower to come up with some good ideas), but here goes...
1. I used to raise Boxers. I love the breed and we had a lot of fun, but then we had an abnormally large litter (10 vs. the usual 4-6) that was born with an infection and most didn't make it past the first 24 hours. It was too heart-breaking for me to risk again so we stopped breeding.
2. I hate feet. This started in junior high, I think, when a friend made a comment about how gross feet are. I'd never paid attention until then, but then I couldn't NOT notice how right she was. Ever since, I can't stand them.
3. I have an adult child. Aack!!! This isn't new - it happened last October when my oldest turned 18 - but it still freaks me out. Especially as we're planning for graduation right now.
4. A writer's mistake that drives me crazy: "try and [do something]" - no, you try to do it.
5. My favorite color is purple...if you hadn't figured that out yet.
6. I drive a 2006 SLK280. I sometimes feel guilty about having it, but it was my reward for two decades of hard work and driving crap-cars, minivans and other mom-mobiles.
7. 7 is my lucky number, so I'm happy to be done here. =D
Newly discovered blogs I pass it on to (I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to discover new ones, so I'm sharing some old favorites that might be new to you) and since 7 is lucky for me, I'm keeping it at 7.
1. Mindy and the girls at Books Complete Me.
2. Amethyst Daydreams - She says it's an award-free blog, but I can't resist. I LOVE the title and the blog!
3. February Grace at Pitch Slapped. How can you not love that title?
5. A. Victoria Mixon, Editor - Fantastic blog for the writer!
6. Anna Staniszewski - She always has great writing tips and guest bloggers.
7. Renae Mercado at The Siren's Song - She likes purple. Enough said.
Second, the cute award:
Michelle Gregory gave me this one and it makes me smile. So does Michelle. Thank you, sweety!!! There aren't any rules for this one, so I'll just pass it on:
- Dawn Embers
- Cheyanne with an a
- JEFritz at Still Writing
- Confessions of a Bookaholic
- A Life Bound by Books
And now, for the pretty one, which is mine, but I love it and its meaning. It goes to people who are living their purpose.
- Right-click the picture to save and post on your blog.
- Share one way you are living your purpose.
- Share three other things about yourself.
- Give the award to at least three other people, including links so we can check out their blogs.
I've already done this, so here are more people I pass it on to:
Whew!!! That was a lot of work, but a lot of fun! I'll be doing more Purpose awards soon. I hope everyone has a fab day!